Saturday, May 1, 2021

Messages from Luis Manuel Otero Alcántara on Day 7 of his hunger and thirst strike

 "I think they kill my child every time they deprive a person of their right to think." - José Martí

 

Luis Manuel Otero Alcántara has been on a hunger and thirst strike since Sunday, April 25, 2021. He is demanding that Castro regime officials:  

1- Lift the police cordon on Luis Manuel Otero Alcantara in force since November 2020, and get rid of the state of siege as a practice to stop the free movement of artists, journalists and activists.  

2- Return the art works that were stolen from Luis Manuel Otero Alcantara and compensate him for any damages that they’ve incurred. 

3- Respect for Cuban artists and them exercising their freedoms fully.

The dictatorship has responded with repression and more repression. Below are messages that he was able to relay via SMS, and through friends out of the island, despite efforts of the regime to silence him.

 


"Me duele todo, apenas puedo bajar ya, el mareo no me deja, estoy guardando las fuerzas para durar mas días."

"Everything hurts, I can barely go down now, the dizziness does not leave me, I am saving my strength to last more days."


Tienes internet?

Have internet?

Si tienes postea esto plis

If you do please post this

“Si el régimen cubano me deja morir, fue su intransigencia absurda la que me mató. Gracias a todos los que hicieron todo lo posible para salvarme. Yo lucharé hasta el último suspiro por mi arte libre, si mi cuerpo llega a morir, espero sea la continuidad a la chispa por la libertad de Cuba, los amo y amare por siempre.”

“If the Cuban regime lets me die, it was their absurd intransigence that killed me. Thanks to everyone who did everything possible to save me. I will fight until the last breath for my free art, if my body dies, I hope it will continue the spark for the freedom of Cuba, I love you and I will love you forever ”.  

 

Join the #EternalFlame campaign  and learn more on the nonviolence of the movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment