Friday, February 27, 2015

Mass for Oswaldo Payá Saturday, February 28 at noon at Our Lady of Charity

You can murder the man but not his moral example and legacy.

Oswaldo Payá Sardiñas 29 February 1952 – 22 July 2012 ✞
Tony Diaz Sanchez, Secretary General of the Christian Liberation Movement (MCL) announced over their official website an observance tomorrow for the life of their martyred founder: 
Next February 29th Oswaldo Payá Sardiñas  would have turned 63 years old. 
Oswaldo's family and his compatriots in the Christian Liberation Movement invite you to join us in celebrating the Holy Mass presided by Father Rumin, this Saturday at 12 noon in the Ermita de la Caridad.

After the Mass, the procession will march to the statue that reminds us of Father Felix Varela, the Cuban priest, whose life had been an example and inspiration for Oswaldo Payá.
July 22, 2015 will marks three years since the untimely death of Oswaldo but he continues to be remembered and his legacy of decency endures.  Rosa Maria Rodriguez Gil, a Christian Liberation Movement member living in Havana explained his impact on her:
When I was 9 years old they jailed my father for problems with the government and I had to go see him the El Principle prison. Later my father had leave as a former political prisoner to exile. I had the opportunity to leave but decided to stay to struggle for the freedom of my Cuba. I was always repressed because of my ideals but never had a mentor to guide me until having the happiness of knowing our leader Oswaldo Payá Sardiñas; he showed me how to fight nonviolently to free Cuba from this dictatorship that has given so much suffering to the whole people.
Today I remain threatened and have a son imprisoned in order to repress my way of thinking. They will not obtain it. I will continue defending the legacy that our leader Oswaldo Payá Sardiñas left us until the end.
Rosa Maria signed the letter "Liberty and Life ... for a peaceful transition to democracy ... The Peoples Path." The Castro regime may have murdered Oswaldo Payá but his spirit and nonviolent legacy live on and when Cuba is once again free, in part, it will be thanks to him.
What:  Mass for  Oswaldo Payá 
When: 12 noon on Saturday, February 28, 2015
Where: Ermita de la Caridad (Our Lady of Charity)
              3609 South Miami Ave Miami, FL. 33133
Who:    Christian Liberation Movement and family and friends of Oswaldo Payá
Why:    To pray for his immortal soul on the 63rd anniversary of his birth
 Related links:

No comments:

Post a Comment